Albania isn't a social butterfly ... it's a social pterodactyl. At least, that's according to a video geography of the Balkan country. While Albania was once isolated with few friends, the mountainous country has been on a mission to gain allies and open its borders since the fall of communism.
- Use the video to discuss the complicated role religion and cultural identity play in the Balkans
- Second installment of the Countries A-Z playlist
- Use of the phrase friend zone may be inappropriate for some classroom settings
- Video has an engaging narrator
- Maps and graphics illustrate geographical concepts