While Afghanistan may be known for its role in international politics, the lush farming country's other attributes are sometimes overlooked. For example, the country grows a large amount of pomegranates, apricots, and almonds for export. It's also a leading grower of opium. A video profile highlights some of these details and other interesting facts for young learners.
- Incorporate the video into a discussion of the influences of British colonialism around the world
- First in the Countries A-Z video series
- Resource discusses lesser known and overlooked facts of Afghanistan
- Narrator is engaging and stimulates pupil interest
- Film is blurry at some times