This Genetics - Lost and Found: Crash Course History of Science #25 instructional video also includes:
Gregor Mendel, known as the father of genetics, never knew genetics existed and, in fact, died thinking no one would recognize his scientific discoveries. Other genetics scientists, such as Barbara McClintock, performed work so far ahead of their colleagues that the scientific world dismissed them. Viewers learn about Barbara McClintock's work and other re-discovered ideas in and educational video from a series on the history of science.
- Teach how to solve Punnett squares before watching the video
- Have class member research Barbara McClintock's life and work
- Relies on prior knowledge of evolution, natural selection, genes, and genetics
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Provides closed captioning for ease of note taking
- Highlights new vocabulary and names of scientists