This Genetics and the Modern Synthesis: Crash Course History of Science #35 video also includes:
Can competing biological theories both be correct? Explore the two theories many scientists believed were opposing in a Crash Course History of Science video. The narrator covers both Darwin's and Mendel's genetics theories, the political climate surrounding evolution and natural selection, and the combination of theories in what is now known as modern synthesis.
- Create a timeline of each theory, discovery, and event discussed in the video
- Learn more about Vavilov and the role of politics in science
- Relies on prior knowledge of Darwin's and Mendel's scientific theories
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Offers cultural context as well as introduces the scientific theories