This Genetics and Reproduction lesson plan also includes:
Disease prevention or designer babies? Use a set of slides to introduce the growing practice of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, or PGD. Teens read related articles and then break into groups to address different scenarios. Afterward, they participate in a fishbowl debate on the ethics of PGD.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Many links are included, providing various perspectives on PGD
- Topic lends itself to a strong classroom debate
- Raises awareness of bioethical questions
- Meets Common Core State Standards in literacy for both science and social studies