This Genetic Mutations and Disease Interactive interactive also includes:
Genetic mutations occur throughout life, from conception to old age, and the timing influences the severity. Young scientists learn about four different mutation times and the diseases that sometimes occur as a result. They observe the systems affected and likelihood of transmission to offspring.
- Add the four types of mutations to science journals
- Divide the class into groups and have each research one type of disease caused by the type of mutation and share with the class
- Relies on prior knowledge of genetics, mutations, and human development
- Highlights mutations in the development from sperm and egg through adult development
- Connects each type of mutation to an example disease