From horseplay to hair length, here's a video that covers all your lab safety needs! Animated characters present a fun yet functional resource geared toward all science disciplines. Topics include safety equipment, proper lab etiquette, and preventable lab mishaps.
- Open the first day of lab with the video
- Assign small groups of students one of the rules and have them create public service announcements about the rule
- Consider showing the video in the lab, if possible, to highlight the locations of key safety equipment
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Humor keeps the content engaging, even for those who are familiar with lab safety rules
- The resource focuses on equipment and scenarios that are common to middle and high school science labs