This General George Washington, Military Leader lesson plan also includes:
Teach pupils the characteristics that make George Washington such an effective leader, especially in context of his time period. Scholars view artifacts, participate in group work, create lists, compare and contrast, and discuss as a class for a complete view of a great founding father.
- Visit a George Washington exhibit at a museum in your area
- Further the class discussion by comparing George Washington to other great American military leaders in the War of Independence
- Requires some prep work including printing out copies and highlighting important sentences
- Teaches learners how to both read and analyze primary sources
- Appeals to visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning styles
- Encourages teamwork