This Gas Sudsation activity & project also includes:
Bring out some bubbly! Individuals perform the classic baking soda and vinegar experiment with a twist. Learners add a drop of dish detergent to make the bubbles last longer. They vary the amount of baking soda and vinegar in an effort to try to get bubbles to just reach the top of the bottles.
- Determine a method to calculate the amount of bubbles to compare them while changing the amount of vinegar and baking soda used
- Needs a plastic bottle that is narrow and has a wide opening
- One of the experiments in the Adventures in Chemistry Experiments
- Contains safety points for dealing with vinegar
- Includes an explanation of the expected results