This Gas Prices activity & project also includes:
How can math help your vehicle run better? Complete an interesting project-based learning task with your classes to determine the cheapest approach to mixing the ideal octane level of gasoline. Scholars create and solve a system of equations that consider octane level, price, and the size of a tank.
- Assign as a unit-long project during a system of equations unit
- Have individuals research the recommended octane level for their personal cars or their parents' cars
- Learners must be able to create and solve equations in three variables
- Provides an option to make the activity unique to each pupil
- Includes a video tutorial to help students use the software
- Includes dated documents that require updating to reflect current software versions