Why do balloons go flat over time? The answer lies in the behavior of gases! Introduce young scientists to diffusion and effusion with a video. Pupils learn the composition and partial pressures of atmospheric gases as well as how the scent of perfume travels from one end of a room to the other.
- Follow up the video with a simple diffusion demonstration
- Incorporate the resource into a lesson about Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures
- Review properties of gases as an introduction to the video
- Visual aids that demonstrate diffusion and effusion make the concepts easy to differentiate
- The narrator incorporates Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures into the resource to make for a great introduction to the gas laws