This Garden in a Glove activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Calling all green thumbs! Using a clear plastic glove, pupils create a plant nursery. Learners plant different types of seeds in a moistened cotton ball that is placed into each of the fingers in the glove. Leaving the seeds there for several days, scholars observe as the seeds germinate and become sprouts.
- Conduct a mini-lesson on the requirements for plant growth
- Ask the class to sketch each of their seed fingers for a week or two to document the gemination and growth
- Requires a place to put the gloves so they can receive sunlight for multiple days
- Includes a list of materials needed for the activity
- Provides a scientific explanation of what happens