Can mere mortals make valyrian steel without using magic? Game of Thrones gurus examine the properties of this mythical metal with a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions series. The narrator discusses the properties of the alloy and how those properties are achieved through modern metallurgy.
- Spice up a Properties of Metals lesson with the resource
- Ask GoT superfans in your class to come up with a list of other magical materials featured in the series, then research ways to make them
- Lead a quick discussion about how people make alloys before watching the video
- The resource provides great explanations of the steel-making process
- Clips from the series add entertainment value to the video