Worlds within worlds! Journey to galaxies near and far with a thought-provoking video. Young astronomers learn how scientists detected very distant galaxies using their electromagnetic signatures far outside the visible range. Other topics include common characteristics of large galaxies, galaxy clusters, and our eventual fate as citizens of the Milkomeda Galaxy.
- Use the video to expand a deep space lesson or to provide extra details on black holes
- Extend the lesson by showing the class more amazing images from the Hubble Deep Field project
- Some knowledge of black holes is helpful for enjoying the video
- Narrator skillfully puts tremendous distances in perspective for pupils
- The resource introduces new tools and methods used in deep space exploration