Punxatawney Phil is a woodchuck, or more famously known as a groundhog. This furry little creature enjoys chewing on wood and hibernating in the winter, but when he wakes up and sees his shadow, the next few weeks of winter or spring is determined. Watch a video that explains the meaning of Groundhog Day and gives cool facts history on this burrowing rodent.
- Show the video on Groundhog day, February 2
- Best used as a introduction to Groundhog Day
- Some school firewalls may not allow the viewing of YouTube videos
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Explains the importance of the groundhog's teeth, the type of rodent it is, and its family members
- Visually engaging