Take a closer look at increasing and decreasing behavior by zooming in on graphs. An AP® Calculus reference document examines how increasing/decreasing behavior should be considered in terms of intervals rather than points. The resource starts off with past AP® questions that focus on determining whether a function is increasing or decreasing at a specific point, and then provides an example where looking at a specific point on a graph does not make sense.
- Use the resource as an extra credit activity
- Pupils must be able to find derivatives of trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions
- Scholars should have an understanding of how derivatives relate to velocity
- Tables and graphs are easy to read and interpret
- While instructors may find the information interesting, learners may not