Combine simplifying trigonometric expressions with evaluating them! An open-ended question presents a trigonometric expression and numeric values for additional expressions. Learners must determine a value for the original expression by simplifying and substituting.
- Incorporate during a unit on trigonometric identities
- Have pupils work in pairs to collaborate on solution methods
- Expects a solid understanding of simplifying trigonometric identities
- Includes a detailed worked-out solution sheet
- The task has multiple solution methods