What led up to the French Revolution? Middle and high schoolers explore the factors that contributed to the storming of the Bastille on July 14th, 1789, as well as the events following that fateful day, with a presentation on the French Revolution.
- Split the class into three groups, one for each pre-French Revolution estate; have them conduct further research on the desires and dissatisfaction of each estate
- Have learners take notes during the presentation and form ten questions based on what they heard as the basis of a unit assessment
- Slide 20 is missing an image; add a picture or map that is relevant to the new French Constitution of 1791
- Covers a variety of topics related to the French Revolution, as well as the historical context surrounding the political upheaval
- Includes thought-provoking discussion questions throughout the slideshow