This Free Verse presentation also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Free verse poetry is often regarded as poetry without structure, but in reality, it is a poetic form that adheres to its own poet's thought and breath patterns. Delve into the rules and famous examples of free-verse poetry with a short classroom presentation.
- Prompt learners to find additional examples of free verse poetry from the listed poets, or to research other free verse poets
- Use one of the poems from the presentation as a basis for a copy-change poem, in which learners employ the same structure and different content for their poems; discuss whether or not the new poems are now free-verse poems
- Some poems are difficult to read over the presentation's background images
- Lists the five categories of free-verse poetry, including phrase-reinforcing, phrase-breaking, word-breaking, word-jamming, and prose poems