This FRED and the Federal Budget Interactive Lesson lesson plan also includes:
How can a federal debt accumulate over time? The Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) dashboard allows scholars to actively research each aspect of the federal budget. In pairs, they analyze economic data to determine the best way to balance the federal budget. Active discussion and group activities help make a confusing concept clear to young economists.
- Go through one activity on the graph worksheet as a class to answer any issues that may arise
- Assign each pair one topic in the data field to present to the class (public debt, gross federal debt, etc.)
- Activity works best with groups in pairs
- One installment of a larger series covering Economic Data
- Assessment answer key as well as step-by-step instructions for navigating the web materials are available
- Contains worksheets and materials for classroom use