After many false discovery reports from other scientists, Marguerite Perey first discovered francium in 1939. Learn about how she discovered it and the interesting story behind this famous scientist and her mentors. The video is the 87th in a series of 118 on each element in the periodic table.
- Discuss why the lack of an advanced degree prevented the publication of research
- Explain the role of research assistants and how it has changed over time
- Relies on prior knowledge of Marie Curie and the scientific method
- Highlights female scientists
- Addresses a common misconception and false videos