This Fractions Are Division video also includes:
Divide up the interpretation of a fraction. The third installment of a 16-part series introduces a new interpretation of fractions, that of a division problem. The resource shows three different ways to write division problems and asks scholars to practice converting between fractions and division notation.
- Lead a discussion about dividing a smaller number by a larger number
- Assumes students understand fractions as numbers
- Individuals should be comfortable with division
- Includes a summary within the video of the presented topics
- Contains a video on how to work the exercise problems