This Four-Square Writing Method graphic organizer also includes:
Pupils produce paragraphs with planning and precision with the four-square writing method, which allows learners to organize the topic, supporting, and summary sentences of their paragraphs.
195 Views 189 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider approaching the graphic organizer one section at a time, with a separate lesson for each segment (i.e. What makes a topic sentence? What is a supporting sentence, and how do you ensure that it is valuable evidence?)
- Design a similar four-square graphic organizer for essays as a whole, with the primary essay question in the center and the topic sentences of each main paragraph on the outside for students to write notes
- Learners should have a clear understanding of how to construct supporting sentences with evidence before using these worksheets independently
- Unique method that emphasizes importance of topic sentence and relationship to supporting sentences
- Lines provided at bottom of the page for notes