What was the paleontologist's favorite album? The fossil record! Introduce the concept of fossils as evidence for evolution to your biology class with an inspiring video. The narrator of the Fuse School video from the Evolution playlist discusses the unlikelihood of fossil formation, how scientists compare fossils to determine ancestry, and problems within the fossil record.
- Take a cue from the narrator and ask the class to research transitional fossils online
- Make the video part of your evolution unit
- Talk with pupils briefly about fossil formation before showing the video
- Animated fossils bring the content to life
- The video contains great examples that illustrate the shift of aquatic life to land-roaming organisms