Help learners understand the benefits of rearranging a formula. Scholars practice rearranging formulas for specific variables. They also analyze formulas to understand one variable's effect on the other.
4 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use whiteboards to allow learners to make mistakes and show the class how to correct them
- Introduce the lesson using an application problem that is asking for a distance traveled given a speed and time;, and highlight the efficiency of solving the speed formula for distance
- Builds directly from the previous lessons in the series
- The lesson is the 12th in a 20-part series
- Uses good questioning techniques to help learners understand the variable relationships within a formula
- Practice problems are missing some concepts addressed in the example problems