This Forming a Precipitate lesson plan also includes:
Things are getting a little slippery in an inquiry-based lesson studying precipitates. Learners use soap and Alka-Seltzer tablets to create different mixtures with water. They then study the properties of the mixtures including their ability to produce suds.
- Bring a sample of hard and soft water to compare with mixtures in the experiment
- Review safety precautions for handling chemicals prior to the activity
- Fits as the 12th lesson in the consecutive 16-part Inquiry in Action series
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to help plan for instruction