This Formative Assessment #5: Plant assessment also includes:
Information from formative assessments is vital to plan for instruction. The 17th in a 21-part series of lessons on plant and animal systems quizzes pupils on their knowledge of the function of plant parts. Given a part of the plant, individuals explain the purpose of each.
- Provide matching options for pupils that need additional support
- Give learners a word bank to use while creating their responses to ensure they use the desired vocabulary
- Expects individuals have a thorough understanding of the parts of a plant
- Includes an answer key with sample responses
- Leaves questions open-ended to allow individuals to develop their own answers