This Formative Assessment #4: Body Chart assessment also includes:
The body is one big life-sized puzzle! A hands-on lesson builds on the idea and has individuals create life-size models of the body including all important organs of the digestive, circulatory, and respiratory systems. After building their models, they use them to respond to a writing prompt describing the function of one of these systems.
- Incorporate as a performance task after studying the organ systems
- Requires a thorough understanding of the anatomy of the different body systems
- Suggest learners dress appropriately for an active lesson
- The lesson is 15th in a 21-part series on plant and body systems
- Provides a pupil handout with the important organs to use with the activity
- Includes a teaching guide to help plan for the lesson