This Forest Measurements: An Applied Approach ebook also includes:
Geometry—it's not just for the math classroom! Learners explore the field of forestry through a mathematical lens. An instructional resource explains how forest workers collect data about trees such as height, diameter, and age using indirect measurement techniques. Pupils will never see a tree the same again!
- Incorporate during a geometry class as real-world application of geometric measurements
- Invite a forest ranger or similar professional to speak about the significance of the measurements
- Students must have an understanding of slope and right triangle calculations
- Provides a complete textbook at no cost to the user
- Offers several online and print options for using the textbook resource