This Food Waste and the Environment unit also includes:
Out of sight out of mind can be a dangerous habit. Learners investigate the life of food waste after it leaves people's homes and its impact on the environment. They complete a series of three activities that involve building a mini landfill, capturing simulated methane gas, and studying the eutrophication cycle.
- Visit a landfill to learn about local practices
- Have pupils keep journals to record their families' food waste for a week
- Activities require specific sets of material and time for preparation
- Includes teaching materials with important background information
- Provides handouts with reflection questions and activities