This Following the Trail of Evidence activity & project also includes:
One important skill in analyzing scientific evidence is identifying facts versus opinions. Scholars identify pieces of evidence from the film The Day the Mesozoic Died and then discuss this evidence in small groups at the end of each act of the film. To finish, pupils come together as a class to compare findings and discuss how presented evidence from multiple lines and disciplines supports theories about Earth's history.
- Pupils work in small groups to identify evidence presented in the film
- Have a class discussion about evidence and the difference between fact and opinion
- Activity supports the free short film "The Day the Mesozoic Died"
- Expects learners to have understanding of fact versus opinion and a basic knowledge of fossils and Earth's history
- Adaptable to middle or high school and varying levels of Biology or Earth Science
- Contains teacher reference with suggested answers