Find out why your shadow looks different at various times of the day with a short earth science video. Young scientists learn about what a shadow is, why it grows longer or shorter over the course of a day, and why it points in different directions at different times.
- Keep a shadow journal throughout the day for a stationary object, with each class observing where the shadow for the object is falling during their class period or at different times during the school day
- Begins with a short advertisement
- The video is part of a series about the earth's rotation
- Models strong observation and note-taking skills
- Host is engaging and entertaining