This Folk and Fairy Tale Readers: The Princess and the Pea printable & template also includes:
Enrich a primary grade unit on fairy tales with this printable version of the classic story "The Princess and the Pea." With a simple story structure and a blend of short and long sentences, this is a great resource for developing the fluency of emergent readers.
- Allow children to follow along in their own copies of the book during a whole-class read-aloud of the story
- During a teacher-led learning center, have learners practice reading the story as a small group
- Send a copy of the mini-book home with children so they can practice reading with their parents
- When making a class set of the mini-books seek the help of a classroom aide, parent volunteer, or upper elementary student
- Two additional mini-book templates are provided that allow children to either write the text or create the illustrations for the story
- A separate document is included that offers instructions for assembling the mini-books