This Fnet = m•a interactive also includes:
Most pupils learn quickly how to apply Newton's Second Law equation to calculate net force. However, many struggle to determine net force before calculating the value of an unknown force from a force diagram. As part of a larger series on Newton's Laws of Motion, the interactive addresses this specific concern.
- Remind students to take advantage of the Help Me button, which explains how to approach the problem and details each answer
- Teachers may need to add WebGL to some browsers, such as Safari
- Assumes prior knowledge of force diagrams, net force equations, and acceleration
- Links to many related resources for connecting concepts
- Offers instant feedback in every level on every question