This First Law Simulation interactive also includes:
Does Newton's First Law of Motion explain how to move a sled across ice? A simulation encourages scholars to decide if they should push, pull, or apply no force. Their decision moves a sled across the ice and to the home at the appropriate speed.
24 Views 14 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Designed
- Discuss how including friction would change the simulation
- Explain that in the simulation, each point isn't really a stopping point, just a check in
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access and use the interactive
- Prevents pupils from moving on until they get the correct answer in the simulation
- Simple and engaging graphics maintain student attention