This Fired up about Energy video also includes:
Pupils often inadvertently develop misconceptions due to assumptions made during instruction. A video presentation from the Good Thinking PD series describes how misconceptions about the transfer and conservation of energy occur. By analyzing video examples, teachers learn how imprecise language leads to misunderstandings and how questioning helps identify which misunderstandings young scientists possess.
- Incorporate in collaborative meetings prior to teaching energy concepts
- Show the video to pupils to spark discussion of common misconceptions
- Appropriate for different levels of science instruction
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers links to research for follow-up exploration
- Includes a discussion guide with leading questions