What happens when fire is less affected by gravity? Observe the behavior of fire in a fantastic freefall experiment! A video from the an engaging physics playlist explains the relationship between a flame's shape, buoyancy force, and gravity.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Watch the video as part of a freefall or combustion study
- Learn more about NASA's cool flames research using an information video, complete with images and explanations
- Ensure the class understands the concept of buoyancy force before viewing
- Great videography allows viewers to watch the experiment from inside the apparatus
- Illustrations convey the more technical aspects of the phenomenon