How much wood would ...? The quick video uses a linear equation to determine the size of a bookshelf given a diagram of the shelves and the amount of wood to use. Scholars see how to set up the equation and solve it to determine the width and height of the shelving unit.
- Lead a discussion on why the example would not include finding the perimeter
- Assumes the class is familiar with writing equations to represent a problem
- Requires learners to convert units of measurement
- Uses colors to highlight the steps required to solve the problem
- Checks the answer to ensure it makes sense