How difficult is it to calculate the area of a U-shaped figure? Scholars use a helpful video to see how to determine an algebraic expression for the area of an U-shaped composite figure. The method it shows involves decomposing the figure into rectangles, finding the area of each part, then adding to find the total area.
- Have classmates draw rectilinear figures with lengths given as algebraic expressions to share with a partner
- Learners must be able to multiply and add expressions
- An understanding of area is necessary
- Explanations are easy to understand
- Neat and organized presentation