This Finals Week activity & project also includes:
What energy drinks have the highest concentration of caffeine? Pupils compare five energy drinks with different amounts of caffeine and different volumes. They must solve the ratios to understand the differences. An extension compares the concentration to the cost per ounce.
- Discuss how long caffeine stays in your system
- Research the guidelines for safe caffeine consumption in this age group
- Use caution encouraging energy drinks, as they can cause serious heart problems
- Includes teacher tips to help the lesson run smoothly
- Relates proportion to products they see on a regular basis