This Final Independent Project lesson plan also includes:
Finally ... the final project. As a culminating activity for the nine-part Intro to CS with MakeCode unit, scholars create a program within Minecraft that incorporates skills from the unit. They consider how to survive in the wild and write code to find solutions for issues that may arise. In addition to the actual project, they must turn in a work log and record of thinking.
- Review the topics in the unit before sending learners off on their own
- Have some suggestions ready for pupils struggling to come up with a topic
- While the project is designed to take three weeks, it's easy to modify the time frame to fit class needs
- Includes a rubric for the project
- Provides printable worksheets with detailed instructions