A definitive resource for your figurative language unit includes several worksheets and activities to reinforce writing skills. It addresses poetic elements such as simile and metaphor, personification, hyperbole, and idioms, and provides several activities for kids to practice their skills. A must-have for any language arts class!
- Use the information on the worksheets in a presentation to augment your lesson on figurative language
- Assign the packet at the beginning of a writing unit, and have kids work on the activities over the course of the unit as they become relevant to your curriculum
- A good companion to Elements of Poetry
- One lesson requires different colored highlighters; if you don't have them on hand, use markers or have kids note the different uses of figurative language another way
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Could be appropriate for both upper-elementary learners as well as high schoolers