This Fighting Corrosion to Save an Ancient Greek Bronze lesson plan also includes:
Study corrosion on bronze statues with a hands-on lesson. As pupils place a penny in water with salt, they observe the changes in the penny throughout a period of a week. They then analyze the pre-conservation and the post-conservation conditions of the ancient Greek statue Victorious Youth.
- Incorporate into a lesson on ancient Greece, and connect to a science unit on chemical reactions
- Encourage learners to perform the hands-on portion of the activity at home or in small groups in the classroom
- Link to the video in the intermediate and advanced levels does not work, but video is readily available online with a quick search
- Connects science and art history in an innovating way
- Provides student reference pages
- Includes intermediate and advanced levels of the lesson