A 33-page packet focuses on fifth-grade math concepts. Learners practice rounding numbers to the hundred thousands, thousands, hundreds, tens, ones, hundredths, thousandths, and hundred thousandths. They also compare whole numbers and decimals that are greater than or less than, and subtract up to 6-digit numbers, multiply and divide up to 3-digit numbers, and multiply decimals with a variety of digits. The packet also includes several measurement activities that involve ordered pairs, graphing, and finding volume and area and perimeter.
- Use over the summer with rising fifth graders in order to prepare them for beginning fifth grade math concepts
- Use with fifth graders heading into sixth grade as a summer review for concepts that should have been mastered in fifth grade
- Best used as practice after instruction of the math skills
- Includes word problems as well as fraction practice
- Quick and easy to implement in a whole-class setting, in centers, or independently at home over the summer
- Intended for summer use, but can be used in a variety of ways throughout the school year