This Field Trip Snack Holder lesson plan also includes:
Is light related to insulation? An informative hands-on STEM activity demonstrates how light affects temperature. First, the class investigates how light passes through different mediums and how that relates to temperature. Then, scholars take a real-world problem and brainstorm, design, and build solutions to provide insulation from the heat light produces.
- Have peers test and use their classmates' products and write both positive and negative reviews
- Extend learning by having the class brainstorm other ways to use their designed products
- Requires materials typical classrooms may not contain
- Incorporates STEM engineering design practices
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies
- Motivates learners by solving a real-world problem