This Fermi Number assessment also includes:
A fermi number is a rough estimate of a quantity that is difficult or impossible to measure. Individuals design a process for making an estimation of a given scenario. For example, they determine a plan for estimating the number of heartbeats in a lifetime.
- Model a similar question so pupils understand the expectation
- Create additional questions and have collaborative groups each tackle a different scenario
- Questions may require online research
- Uses open-ended questions that allow individuals to make their own conclusions and design
- Answer key provides a sample answer to help guide instruction