This Featured Activity: Population Change Over Time activity & project also includes:
Keep track of a state's population. After a brief discussion on how population data is used for funding, individuals look at population changes over time. Pupils find the population of two states using three different censuses. They then create graphs of their data and analyze how the populations have changed over time.
- Lead a short discussion on what percent changes mean
- Find the population for your city and compare it to the state count over the same time frame
- The class should be familiar with graphing data
- Provides table and charts containing the necessary data
- Includes timing suggestions for the lesson