"But still try, for who knows what is possible." - Michael Faraday. Faraday's advice features in a simulation that permits pupils to play with a bar magnet in order to make a light bulb glow connecting electromagnetic induction to Faraday's Law. Finally, scholars can virtually play with electromagnets, generators, and transformers to round out the lesson.
- Build a simple electromagnet during class
- Requires Java 1.5.0_15 or later on Windows and Linux computers and Java 1.5.0_19 or later on Macs
- Assumes prior knowledge of magnetic fields and polarity
- Provides teacher-submitted activities for classes from middle school through grad school
- Translates the game into 54 different languages
- Includes a list of simplifications to assist with differentiation