In 1874, The New York Herald falsely claimed that several animals escaped from the Central Park Zoo, and panic ensued. Using the helpful infographic, pupils discover more instances of fake news throughout history, from as far back as 63 BC. The information-packed poster helps viewers realize the importance of reliable news sources.
- Have individuals research and report on a fake news story not covered on the poster
- Challenge small groups to write their own misleading news stories
- Requires printing and displaying the poster or distributing a copy to each student
- Each entry on the timeline includes a colorful picture, making it informative and visually appealing
- Convenient arrows help viewers navigate through the information