This Fables and Stories Tell It Again!™ Read-Aloud Anthology unit plan also includes:
A read-aloud anthology focuses on fables. Over three weeks, first graders listen to various stories and then participate in lessons that cover story elements, including plot, characters, setting, and personification and explore characteristics of fables. The unit highlights fables such as "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," "The Good and the Golden Egg," "The Tale of Peter Rabit," and more!
- Create a fable-themed focus wall showcasing the stories found in the unit
- Make at-home practice optional
- The first of 11 units in a series created by Core Knowledge for first graders
- Set aside enough prep time to make copies and gather other materials
- The unit comes with a daily calendar, detailed lesson plans, and plenty of teacher information to make planning and preparation easier